Friday, December 3, 2010

Friday, I'm in Love: Fantasy of the Week

The weather is just as it is today. I'm in a room, painted a soft yellow with windows circling the room. I'm sitting at a thick oak desk with my laptop in front of me, and on the other side is a vase with red, yellow, and white flowers with greenery.

I am deep into a story I am writing. If someone were to walk into the room, I wouldn't realize it. The soundtrack to a movie is playing and I am writing as fast as I can.

There is a green sofa across the room from me. On the opposite side of the room is a gigantic framed poster of Georgia O'Keeffe's artwork.

It's an old Brownstone I live in and I own it. I'm on the top floor, writing, happy as a pig in mud. Later, I will go downstairs to prepare my dinner, watch a little TV, go for a walk, and call my daughters. It's going to storm soon. I like a candle as evening draws closer and decide to push on so I pull a sweater around me. I've got a couple more hours of writing in me before I call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment