Wednesday, December 15, 2010

It Just Feels Right

I bought a new coat. My old one, a peacoat I purchased at Old Navy literally was threadbare. But I loved it. I loved the way it felt and buttoned, and looked on me. But this season, it was time. So I went on a coat search with my daughter, Sarah. First, it was Burlington Coat Factory. The sight of wall to wall coats was overwhelming. For a second I couldn't breathe, and Sarah went to the other side of the store to let me look. I think she was a bit afraid after seeing the look on my face. Later, she returned, and we went through every row of coats. Finally, I was ready to buy anything just to get out of there! And then, Sarah took me by the arm and we went to T.J. Maxx and there she handed me coat after coat, as I yanked on ones I'd found, too.

And then, I slipped on a wool coat that had an incredible collar and set of buttons to keep my neck safe from brutal northern winds. And the coat was styled much like my worn out favorite. I put it on and smiled, really smiled and told Sarah "this is it!" She came out from the rack she'd attached herself to and stared blankly at me. "Really?" she asked, shocked and relieved. "Yes! I love it!" I exclaimed.

"It's Calvin Kline, too," she said, smiling wryly, knowing the label "whore" I am known to be.

And that was the cherry on the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment