Thursday, September 9, 2010

Touching Upon the Release Button

The only way I learn concepts and procedures is to write them down and follow them time and time again until the paper is disintegrating. Such a process served me very nicely while learning the trade of bank telling and retail. What I've forgotten with spirituality is to do the same instead of reaching randomly for truths I know here and there in distress or discomfort. Routine is important and I feel my guides, the angels, and my loved ones already crossed, elbowing me to remember. They are tired of watching me veg out in front of the television, biting my fingernails, and removing myself more and more from Source. Oh, the slaps on the foreheads in frustration they must experience! Yet each day, I become more receptive to my higher self and all this tremendous help. And I accept.

Release the resistance. Release the resistance. Release the resistance runs through my head today, stabilizing in my heart, and activating my direction. For you see, it is not that I am going blank as much as pulling away from the fullness, the entirety, the full plate of choices and projects in front of me. I become frozen by the next steps. Fear of failure (or success) has become a good bully.

There is no need to fight the feeling, though, or even to try to outwork it. Dissolve it like we used to pour Coca Cola over spilled honey in the grocery store check out line. Dissolve it with this statement: I release the resistance. Say it a million times, if you must. Feel the sensations to result. Spirit is always willing. For me, it involves baby steps. And each day, this toddler is picking up the pace, teetering toward joy.
I've shown the bully to the door and made friends with Sheela. No blame. No shame. Just gain. I'm learning to release the resistance and to accept the help. It always has been there. And it always has come from me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment