Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Open for Business: Taking it to the Eccentric Limit

I just was given a marvelous suggestion by a good writer friend, Anna Limontas Salisbury, who ever so gently took me by the collar and told me to get to writing! Amen. And she said it in a fun way that has sparked my interests. I am a "lists" girl and her idea to write about certain topics on certain days really lit my fire. So here goes, before I head over to Queens to lead an ESL evening group, I will determine what I shall write in this blog on each day of the week, and then, in conjunction with my other blog, Swimming Free, I will do this every day.

Sensory Wholeness Day by Day Topic for each Week:

Sunday - 4, 5, 6 Borough Trotter. Since I am a tutor in the Bronx on the weekends and I live in Brooklyn,  it takes me an hour and a half to get there and back. I literally move from the tip of Brookyn to nearly the furthest tip of the Bronx. The crowds of the train cars change with certain stations and I will tell you what it feels like, smells like, and looks like.

Monday, Monday.Russell aka Catcow, my black and white cat's adventures with me home for the morning and afternoon.

Ruby knees-knockin' Tuesday -Sitting at a bar in a restaurant by myself and ordering take out. Forcing myself to learn to make small talk.

Whaddaya want Wednesdays? What I'm cooking up to eat for the week.

Thursday -  Roast Pork Buns on the 7 Train. Out to Flushing for my memoir workshop, each Thursday I eat a roast pork bun or two while out on the tip of Queens.

Friday - "Friday, I'm in love!" My fantasy of the week.

Saturday's Search - Finding something exquisite.

There you have it. Thank you, Anna. I'm learning to listen and I heard you and the Universe loud and clear.

Wheee!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, my mouth is already watering at the thought of what's cooking in your kitchen on Wednesday! Remember to share the ingredients, take a video or pics. Anything to make us drool.

    ReplyDelete